Sunday, October 6, 2013

Giddy-up cowgirl…All the World's a Stage...


I am nothing if not a theater geek at heart. Truthfully, I think I simply never found a reason good enough to give up playing dress-up past my formative years. Perhaps I never really grew up at all. It has been suggested by some that a few of my preferred looks boarder on costume classification, and I have to admit I have always been drawn to fashion and period clothing designs. Perhaps I stand guilty as charged. In the past I served as costume mistress in some local theater productions and made my own costumes for several period productions... see theater geek. ;)   Perhaps someday those photos shall make it into my blog... This post is no exception to my flare for playing dress-up.

     Recently I achieved my goal weight at Weight Watchers, a healthy easy to manage eating plan that I highly recommend. I have plans to blog on this topic later so stay tuned for tips, advice and recipes! :) The day I hit “goal” I treated myself to a new outfit. I had the good fortune to find a dress with a sweet little flouncy ruffled hemline on clearance at a local department store. I purchased the dress thinking in the back of my mind that it might look cute with cowboy boots. Sadly, I had none, not to worry though I was sure that I could find something in my closet that would work. Later that same day my friend and I hit another store…a shoe store! Lo and behold what did I find? Cowboy boots… also on clearance! They had my size and fit perfectly, needless to say they came home with me. Upon arriving at home I couldn't wait to see how the whole thing would look together this is a picture I snapped. I added my brown owl belt (a gift from my In-laws and my denim jacket (available at Ann Taylor Loft) to complete the look. I do apologize for the crummy quality of this pic and will try to post a better picture soon. I plan to wear the outfit to a cowboy themed baby shower I am co-hosting next month. 
Above is another western themed look I created using Polyvore... I do love Polyvore.




No comments:

Post a Comment